Welcome to the Tuesday/Thursday preschool year for the 3/4/5s. I am looking forward to meeting each little person and their parents who will make up my class.
As your children take another step in their maturation process it will include learning how to learn, taking turns and getting along with others. These aspects will be part of everything we do.
The following information will help make the new school year start and run smoothly.
* Be on time. School starts at 9:30 AM.
* Make sure your child carries a backpack to school everyday. The contents of the backpack should include some extra clothes (shoes, socks, underwear, pants) and a plastic bag to transport any soiled clothes home at the end of the day.
* Dress your child according to the weather.
* If your child is sick please keep them home and inform the school. They will be more comfortable and we will control the spread of illness at school.
* When it is your child’s turn to share please send the show and tell in a bag packed in your child’s backpack.
* Your child will receive a birthday crown and a little gift on their birthday. If you wish to provide treats please let me know in advance.
* Please put your child’s name on everything they bring to school.
* We will have sharing time (show-and-tell) each day. Each child will share once a month. Your child will be assigned a day on which they may share something.
I am looking forward to this year at Aldersgate Christian Preschool. I retired in 2002 from thirty-seven and a half years of teaching in the public school system. I spent most of those years teaching first grade.
May God bless this school year.