Aldersgate Christian School's will be following the following COVID-19 protocols:
● Masks are optional for both students and staff . Your family gets to choose if your student wears a mask or not. We will use gentle reminders if we know a child is not doing what you prefer but we will not forcefully put on/off a mask against their will. Talk to your children about what your family has decided when it comes to wearing masks.
● All CDC recommended cleaning guidelines will be followed.
● Limited class sizes are being offered. Additional spaces will only open if/when it is deemed safe.
● Drop offs and pick ups will be outside to limit people inside our classrooms.
● All ACP staff will be fully vaccinated.
Covid Protocols have been put into place as safety is and always will be, our top priority.
- This starts in the morning. If your child doesn’t feel good – KEEP THEM HOME. Fever or not.
- If your child starts showing Covid symptoms (Fever, coughing, shortness of breath, body aches,etc):
o Keep your child home
o Test as soon as possible, PCR is best – but home tests are okay
o If Negative
They can come to school when they are symptom free, but you should test again in 3-5 days
o If Positive
Let Teacher know immediately
Stay home for at least 5 days. After 5 days test again. If negative and symptoms have greatly improved and no fever for 24 hours, they can return to school with a mask for 5 days.
If positive after 5 days, continue staying home until day 8 and they are symptom free, then mask for 5 days.
o Close Contact Letter
If a person in your child’s class tests positive, you will receive a “Close Contact” letter. The CDC has suggested no close contact notices are needed, but we feel at this age, parents would like to know.